From Council Tool, this "mid" sized axe is one of the most popular “Truck Axes” and multi-use Bushcraft Axes available today. Head weight and handle size options make this axe an extremely versatile workhorse.
- 2.25 lb
- Forged tool steel head.
Dayton pattern originated from the Dayton, Ohio, area.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the as forged finish.
- 24 in. curved American hickory handle.
- Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Hafted high and proud.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/4 in. of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- Made in the USA